Jordana A. Thomas, MPH, BSN, RNC, EMT-P
Security Clearances: Secret, ADP2 IRS MBI, FDA Public Trust V
Statistical Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Forecasting, Trending, Decision Tree Analysis, Cluster and Factor Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Disease Progression Modeling and Decision Support. Significant Experience in Data Mining, Fraud Exploration, Applied Statistics, Multivariate Analysis. Experience in Study Design including; Experimental Protocols, Clinical Trials, Cohort, Case Control, Survey Research Methods & Design. Expertise in Cost Analysis, Comparative Analysis, Budget Analysis, Statistical Process Control and Benchmarking. Expertise in Quality Assessment, Quality Improvement and QC Analysis. Expertise in SPSS, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, S-PLUS, Clementine, I-Miner, Access, Oracle 8i, SQL Navigator, SQL Plus, Brio, Epiphany, Crystal Reports, Fox Pro, Rapid SQL, Transact SQL in Sybase and AS400 Environments. Substantial Experience with Relational Databases, Spreadsheets, Graphics, OCR and Presentation Software in Multi-platform Environments. Expertise in Query and Report Development in Multiple Relational Database Environments for Diversified Customer Base. Expertise in Infection Control Methods & Standards, Epidemiologic Methods, Epidemiologic Theory, and Scientific Research Methods. Experience Tracking and Reporting Disease Incidence and Prevalence. Knowledge of JCAHO, AHCA, NCQA and FDA Standards and Compliance Requirements. Excellent Customer and Team Interpersonal Skills.
|Jun 2006 to Present
STAT Consulting, Germantown, Maryland
|Oct 2002 to Jun 2006
||Senior Associate – Team Lead
Booz Allen Hamilton, Rockville, Maryland
|Jan 1998 to Oct 2002
||Statistical Consultant/Clinical Manager/Research Consultant, Independent Contracts (W2 & 1099) Washington DC Metro Area and Sarasota, Florida
|Mar 1995 to Jan 1998
||Biostatistician, Sarasota Memorial Hospital,
Quality Improvement Department, Sarasota, Florida
Bachelor of Science, Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Maryland, MD, summa cum laude
Associates of Science, Paramedic to RN, Clinical Nursing, CCBC, Baltimore, MD, cum laude
Masters of Business Administration candidate, General Business, Marketing and Accounting, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 30 Credit hours completed, GPA 3.95
Paramedic Certification, Edison Community College, Ft. Myers, Florida
Associates of Science, Emergency Medical Technology Services, Edison Community College, Ft. Myers, Florida
Masters of Public Health, Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduate Coursework in Demography and Statistics, State University of New York at Stony Brook
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sociology, State University of New York at Stony Brook
(2002 to Present)
- Subject Matter Lead for sub-portfolio of Congressional Special and Small Business Innovative Research, (SBIR) Projects focused on pharmacovigilance; detection of unusual patterns of interest/concern, DoD claims; detection of prescription variances, treatment pattern differences, DRG cost comparisons and novel pattern development from longitudinal medical records to understand disease trends, treatment patterns and potential medication adverse effects. Subject Matter Lead for projects requiring biostatistical and epidemiologic guidance.
- Team Lead for multiple commercial engagements. Created longitudinal records from patient health histories, encounter data and pharmaceutical usage profiles. Designed multiple research studies, developed targeted profiles through quantitative methods including predictive models. Created customized analysis and reports for clients for post launch/newly approved drugs & devices. Evaluated vaccine compliance, concomitant use profiles and developed population based opportunity models. Collaborated with client internal partners to merge data assets in order to serve broader and deeper analytic demands.
- Team Lead for a business practice offering quantitative analytic support in Health, Civil and Military consulting space serving government agencies. Led development of portfolio of several quantitative service offerings in the practice areas of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Statistics, Datamining, Signal & Pattern Recognition Electronic Health Records, MHS/Tricare, Oncology, Clinical Trials Management, Patient Safety, Program and Process Evaluation, Modeling/Simulation, Wargaming, HL7 Data Standards and R&D Pharma. Managed engagement teams of 20+ persons.
- General Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities:
- Development of Statistical Analysis Plans, Experimental Design Collaboration
- Statistical Analysis of Data from Phases II, III and IV for Clinical Trials, Biotech Device Certification, Primary and Secondary Research
- Military Health Systems (MHS) Expertise: MDR, M2, AHLTA, CDM, PDTS / Tricare – Outcomes Analysis, Study Design, Longitudinal Record Development, Burden of Care and Cost of Care Analysis
- Marketing Analysis, Segmentation and Cluster Analysis for Pharma and Managed Care
- 15+ Years of Biostatistics Experience (Retrospective, Prospective Study Designs)
- 15+ Years of Epidemiology Experience (Cardiovascular, CNS, Oncology, Endocrinology, Renal, Respiratory and Women’s Health)
- Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Response, CBRNE
- Licensed and Practicing Clinician - Registered Nurse & Paramedic
- Authored and co-authored over 40 federal acquisition proposals within Healthcare, Military and National Security market sectors, Contributed to over $15 M in revenue growth through bids and marketing efforts firm-wide.
- SSA Integrated Quality Program: Development of predictive models to reduce decisional error in disabilities claims adjudication.
- US Department of Energy Protocol Compliance: Provided subject matter expert guidance on rare sampling distributions and plans to explore magnitude and scope of compliance issues of concern to senior leadership.
- AHRQ National Hospital Preparedness Survey: Analyzed survey results for a large a national emergency preparedness study, disseminating characteristics and attributes associated with healthcare facilities reporting the highest levels of disaster readiness for chemical, biologic, radiologic, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) events.
- VA Emergency Preparedness Survey: Analyzed survey results for VA Medical Centers in order to understand emergency preparedness baseline levels and evaluate current CBRNE program expectations.
- FDA PDUFA III NDA/BLA Evaluation: Provided subject matter expertise and analytic support to study impact on sponsor submissions in relation to safety and efficacy.
- Department of Homeland Security: Supported development, analysis and refinement of emergency preparedness universal assets list and threat-based scenario response models.
- Joint Medical Information Systems Office (Military), Provided analytic support of integration and consolidation of systems within the TRICare and Military Health Systems space. Provided expertise mapping systems functions to JCAHO functions and performance metrics.
- CDC National Immunization Project: Provided interoperability solutions to Vaccine Order-Entry, Inventory Management and Registry Systems for decentralized, multi-state childhood vaccine projects.
- IRS ACS Operating Model: Provided quantitative support to understand and evaluate various aspects of the inbound and outbound call process currently serving taxpayers. Identified improvements and efficiencies through intensive data exploration and providing quantitatively driven answers to clients.
- Provided quantitative analysis for the testing and evaluation of an inventory control management tool developed to assist the client in deploying workflow efficiencies with staff and positively impacting customer service levels.
- IRS Installment Agreement: Provided data analysis to explore and understand repayment behaviors for taxpayers participating in an installment program for income tax arrearages. Conducted data mining to identify defaulted repayment characteristics, debt to income ratio impact, ability to pay and classification of accounts productive to full or partial repayment.
- IRS Collection Strategy: Participated with a team of analysts providing statistical modeling and analytic support to achieve client objectives to understand and address balance due and non-filer taxpayer behavior. Models were developed to provide flagging capabilities to the client for the purpose of identifying taxpayer non-compliance and accounts productive to collection efforts.
- ITT Wireless Communications: Emergency Communications Interoperability Survey. Provided data scrubbing, manipulation, reduction and analysis of results following the deployment of a web based survey developed to better understand emergency preparedness across a wide spectrum of industries following 9/11. Data exploration provided key answers to the client team regarding the current state of affairs and suggested avenues to evaluate with greater intensity and identified process weak points that should to be targeted for improvement or change.
- Management of day-to-day operations, assisting in acquisition and training of clinical and non-clinical staff for a provider of arrhythmia interpretation services.
- Overseeing data entry and validation of clinical and demographic patient information. Providing data management, statistical, analytic and consultative services for several collaborative research projects.
- Rendering of verbal and written reports regarding clinical status of patients. Conferring with other clinical providers to coordinate continuing care for patients meeting triage criteria.
- Development of data models and analytic tables from a large RDBM system in Oracle for various clinical studies. Clinical studies include insurance payer procedural experience of hysterectomies, knee arthroscopies, and cesarean sections. Evaluation of treatment modalities for Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Behavioral Health and medical co-morbidities correlation and Durable Medical Device (DME) utilization patterns.
- Complete analytic responsibility of four company/community joint committees in Cardiology, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Orthopedic Medicine, and Gastroenterology for the discussion, development, delivery and presentation of diversified clinical subject matter for internal and external policies, resource intensity analysis, cost containment strategies, practice patterns, QI and development of improvement plans.
- Project lead on large evaluation of site of service patterns for a substantial cross-section of inpatient procedural experience for flexible time periods. Development of Statistical Models as related to E-Commerce and customer purchasing behavior. Identification of Target segments for marketing campaigns, Cluster and Factor Analysis productive to customer profiling. Development and deployment of marketing plans as procured from quantitatively derived models.
- Interfacing with senior management and information technology staff for project development and support. Identification of modeling and workflow efficiencies productive to the deliverables to internal and external end point customers. Intensive work with multiple systems and vendor data resources for targeting, research and deployment of marketing plans to encourage and enhance acquisition and retention of E-Commerce and Retail customers.
- Report development through data modeling and query design in multiple SQL based software and SQL stored procedures. Comprehensive business reports based on quantitative and analytic findings provided to a wide spectrum of customers.
- Responsible for multiple concurrent projects that require development of study design, analytic methods, evaluation of findings and recommendations for and modifications of existing business plans for profitability, outcomes, quality improvement and regulatory compliance in multiple insurance product lines.
LIST OF CLIENTS ENGAGED
- Developed automated data collection systems and statistical tracking systems for evaluation of diversified data classifications. Developed hospital wide customer service base serving multidisciplinary needs.
- Interfaced with upper management, physicians, and directors to design, build and implement QI and diversified research systems to develop data driven improvement models to benefit patient care delivery, enhance quality of clinical and non clinical services, and to evaluate cost effectiveness in relation to managed care market share.
- Participated and served on Process/Performance Improvement and QI Teams. Conducted hospital wide research and analysis in the areas of QA, QI, QC, Infection Control, Pharmacy, OR, ER, Mortality, Functional Status, Cost Analysis, Peer Review, Charting & Triage Practices, Practice Patterns and Patient Satisfaction.
DoD, Army, Air Force
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Registered Nurse; Compact States License (23 States including MD and VA)
American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor
Practical Tools for Non-response Bias Studies, Joint Program in Survey Methodology, University of Maryland
Integrated Master Plan/Integrated Master Schedule: ITT Technologies
An Introduction to Survey Management, Joint Program in Survey Methodology, University of Maryland
Developing SQL Queries for Oracle 8i, Learning Tree International
Paramedic/Firefighter, State of Florida, State License
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider, American Heart Association
Advanced Pediatric Life Support Provider, American College of Emergency Physicians & Pediatrics
HONORS and Society Membership:
Academic Honors, University of Alabama, Edison Community College, Community College of Baltimore County
Full Scholarship, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Alpha Kappa Delta International Honor Society, State University of New York at Stony Brook
American Statistical Association, Member
American Public Health Association, Member
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians